Lowry Hill Neighborhood Association Board Meeting Minutes
Date: May 3rd, 2022
Time to Call Meeting to Order after Quorum by President Charles Scheiderer
Board Members Present: Charles Scheiderer (President), Thomas Regnier (Vice-President), Toni D’Eramo (Treasurer), Vickie Gilfillian-Bennett, Fran Davis, George Montague, Tyler Ecklund-Kouba, Sue Westerman, Robert Hinck, Chad Harkin, Jennifer Wirick Breitinger
Other Attendees: Inspector Katie Blackwell, Carla Godwin
Minneapolis Police Department Update:
5 th Precinct Inspector Katie Blackwell spoke regarding current crime trends in the neighborhood. Overall, crime has been reduced since the beginning of the year; the neighborhood has experienced only 5 auto thefts and a robbery of business.
Approve April Minutes:
Minutes for the April 5 th 2022 Meeting were Approved
Crime & Safety:
Sue Westerman presented 4 final locations for our proposed security cameras in the neighborhood; the locations were determined with feedback from residents and MPD. The locations recommended are:
- NW Corner of Franklin and Irving
- Mid-Block Colfax and Lincoln
- Douglas and Colfax
- Logan and Franklin
Toni D’Eramo presented her final annual treasurer’s report to LHNA after several years in the role; she will be succeeded by Sue Westerman. LHNA currently has equity of about $35,000 in unrestricted funds, which includes $5,242 in donations. In addition, LHNA has access to the following funding:
1. $20,000.00 – Network Neighborhood Fund (restricted spending)
2. $ 8,772.57 – Equitable Engagement Fund (restricted spending)
3. $10,000 – City funds from last year in our bank account to pay for the TLP plaques
4. $94,000 – Propel loan repay.
Toni D’Eramo & Tyler Ecklund-Kouba were pleased to present our LHNA Facebook page, as well as the new Instagram page @lowryhill_mpls. Tyler Ecklund-Kouba will be succeeding Toni D’Eramo in her role coordinating Communications for LHNA.
Review Upcoming Events:
Jackie Baylor-Brown presented the following roster of events:
- Annual Meeting May 25th 6pm at the Cinema Room of the Walker Art Center
- Ice Cream Social July 16th
- Historical Walking Tour (Date TBD)
- Collaboration with Preserve Minneapolis
- Fishing Event August 21st
- Collaboration with East Isles, Kenwood, Loring Park, Bde Maka Ska, Old Highland and Camden.
- Super Sale Collaborate with East Isles- Sunday Sept 10th 10am-3pm
- Star Trib advertising paid by EI, LHNA coordinated
As part of the zoning update, Carla Godwin, who has pleased to relate that
things at Peris Hill continue to go well; Peris Hill recently won an award for
affordable housing development.