In LHNA’s ongoing fundraising partnership with the North High Polars, we wanted to provide a page for everyone to see the equipment cost breakdown and chart donation progress.
For more information and background on this effort see links at bottom of this page.
What does my donation get?
This cost per item chart below has been provided by the North High staff.
If it helps to think of your donation in terms of tangible items:
- $183.00 buys a hurdle.
- $1830.00 buys a lane of hurdles. There are 10 hurdles per lane.
- $337.00 buys a set of starting blocks. One set of blocks is needed for each of the 8 lanes on the track.
- $1,234.00 replaces the starting gun with a non-gun starting system.
And any amount helps. See how to make a donation below.
Fundraising progress. We’re more than halfway there!
These are the total dollars contributed as of December 8, 2021:
- Individual community member contributions: $22,915.15
- Lowry Hill Neighborhood Association: $10,000.00
- Kenwood Neighborhood Organization: $5,000.00
TOTAL amount donated: $37,915.15
Still Need: $5,000.85
How to Donate
Please consider North High in your charitable giving. We look forward to bringing you more information about one of our community’s inspiring public schools in the near future.
To make a charitable donation:
- Send a Check (preferred method) Payable to North High Booster Club
North High School
1500 James Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411
Attention: Track Equipment
- Venmo @NorthHigh-BoosterClub Please include “Track Team” in the memo.
- Cash App $NorthHighBoosterClub Please include “Track Team” in the memo.
A brief interview with Coach Skoglund from the October issue of the Hill & Lake Press can be found here.