Next CAC meetings yet to be scheduled
Parade Subcommittee Meeting #2 scheduled Wednesday, September 11, 6-8 pm at Kenwood Community Center
The process of developing, recommending and approving design concepts that will guide future development for every Minneapolis neighborhood park south of I-394 and west of I-35W [PDF] continues to move forward. These park designs have been developed as part of the long-term plan for the area’s parks, known as the Southwest Service Area Master Plan, Southwest Parks Plan for short.
All of the revised concepts are linked below under “Park Concepts,” along with a link to an online survey where anyone can give feedback on the concepts until the project Community Advisory Committee (CAC) makes its final recommendation.
CAC Meeting #14 Recap
The CAC met for the 14th time on August 19. Here’s what happened:
- The CAC voted to move Kenwood Parkway to consensus with the addition of a safe pedestrian crossing at Peavey Fountain.
- The CAC discussed Kenwood Park and asked staff to make the following updates to the revised concept for further review at the next CAC meeting:
- Consider moving sand volleyball to the SE corner of park, or move into Isles/Cedar regional parks
- Move three-hole disc golf off of hilltop and closer to Oliver Avenue S
- Reduce design of accessible path on hilltop
- Consider dedicated pickleball and basketball in SE corner of park, near tennis
- The CAC accepted public comment on The Mall Park but did not discuss the plan
- The CAC discussed future meetings, asked for three-hour weeknight meetings rather than four hours on a Saturday. Staff will research future dates and post online once confirmed.
The public is encouraged to attend these upcoming meetings, which include a light dinner and self-directed children’s activities:
Parade Park Subcommittee Meeting #2
Wednesday, Sept. 11, 6-8 pm
Kenwood Community Center, 2101 W Franklin Ave.
In July, the CAC voted to establish a subcommittee to further discuss the design concept for The Parade Park.
Summary of Parade Park Subcommittee Meeting #1
CAC Meetings #15 and #16